- Absolutely no street shoes (any shoes that have ever been worn outside) are allowed on the dance floor. Most classes are conducted in bare feet, but tap shoes, ballet slippers, jazz or indoor-only sneakers are also acceptable for the appropriate classes.
- No jeans (except for drum classes).
- No food or drink are allowed on the dance floor at any time. It is not acceptable or safe for a student to be chewing gum during class. Water bottles are highly recommended and may be kept atop the cubbies on the periphery of the dance floor.
- No perfumes, colognes, or synthetic scents are allowed in the studio.
- In the event that Chelsea Schools are closed due to weather, the studio will also be cancelling classes for that evening.
As a matter of courtesy:
- If you know that you will be missing a class due to illness, work obligations or unforeseen circumstances, please contact the studio immediately to let us know. If a number of students will be absent on the same day, we do not wish to make a teacher or other students travel here for the possibility of no class.
- Please make every effort to arrive at least a few minutes before class begins, to avoid disrupting the teacher and other students during warmup. Additionally, it is of utmost importance that you do not miss the beginning of class, as the movement is designed to warm up the body and protect from injury later in class. Teachers often have important announcements to make at the start of class, as well. It is at the teacher's discretion to not allow you into class if you are late.
- Tree of Life understands that some students must bring their children to the studio during class time. We do have a kids' area with toys and books for that reason, but ask that all parents be responsible for cleaning up after their children, returning all items to their proper locations, putting a stop to running or rambunctious behavior, and ensuring that no spills or damages have been left behind. We encourage parents to check on their children several times throughout class, and to address any discipline, mess or noise issues appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- No refunds or credits will be granted for missed classes, once a student has registered for a session. The only exception is if a class is cancelled by Tree of Life and no makeup dates are scheduled. Students are encouraged to drop into another class to makeup any unexpected absence. The makeup class must be attended during the same session as the missed class.
- If a student registers for a class once the session has begun, tuition will be prorated to reflect the start date. No other prorated discounts will be issued.
- Payment (be it tuition for registration, class card or drop-in) is due at the time of a student's first class.
- Credit (from cancelled classes or work-study) expires six months from the date of issue.
- In the event that a student has a balance due, this amount must be paid in full by the end of the current session. No session may be entered with an outstanding balance!
- Class cards are a terrific option for students who still wish to receive a discount on classes, but cannot commit to a full session. Each class card strictly expires six months from the date first use.
- Each student who wishes to perform in Tree of Life's annual showcase in June will be charged a recital fee in late winter or early spring. Further details will be provided during the Winter Session.